It is very important to select the proper venue for your wedding as the wrong choice can make your wedding memorable for all the wrong reasons
Even though it is legal to marry in any setting you choose, there are some important considerations to make before you decide.
- If the marriage is to be conducted outdoors, an alternative venue must be organised in case of rain.
- Are there toilets available?
- Is it the venue the right size, big enough to hold all your wedding guests or comfortably for a small wedding party?
- Is the venue available on the day you want?
- To hold a ceremony in a public place such as a park or beach, you need to get permission from the relevant local authority.
The following are a few suggestions in the north Brisbane area
A number of different Wedding Venues all with water views. Must be booked with The Moreton Bay Regional Council. This will ensure that it is available to the couple at the booked time on the day of their choice. There are suitable gazebo and barbeque undercover area. No cost involved.
Bribie Island Foreshore Wedding Areas
Also a part of the Moreton Bay Regional Council and must be booked to ensure availabilty. Council will make available on request a list of wedding sites
Redcliffe Beach Areas
- Redcliffe Beach Front.
- Redcliffe Botanic Gardens, George Street,
- Redcliffe Suttons Beach Parkland Marine Pde, there is a undercover area that is suitable for wedding ceremonies in case of wet weather.
There are no fees required for booking these venues.
Contact Redcliffe City Council, Administration Centre. Tel: 3283 0233
Between 8.30 – 4.30 Monday to Friday
The following wedding and reception venues are highly recommended.
The Golden Ox
330 Oxley Avenue
Margate, Qld 4019
The perfect venue for your wedding ceremony, photographs and the reception, with award winning cuisine and exquisitely landscaped Serenety Gardens and Waterfall.
Tel: 07 3283 1833
Noelas Wedding Gardens
183 Beerburrum Road
Donnybrook, Q 4510
A selection of beautiful, well kept wedding areas for hire, from tropical Rain Forest to gorgeous Rose gardens. There is something here to make your wedding day very special.
Tel/fax: 07 5498 8297